Sunday, September 27, 2015

Identity crisis of the highest order

Is it just me or you also have those awkward moments when somebody is introduced to you and within 5 seconds, you forget their names? Following which, you are just trying hard to appear cool about your absentmindedness while figuring out ways to find out his/her name. Of course, there is always a way out: like you can ask for their surname hoping they will repeat their first name once again! Such instances are always stressful (while it's happening) as well as amusing (after it has happened). 
Imagine such a thing taking place while you're fast asleep. 
Last night, i met my friend/colleague Maithri in my dreams and for some reason, she had a 5-year-old son named Kayash. She informed me that two kids from his kindergarten were bullying him. She basically wanted me to straighten up these little rascals. So, i spent the rest of my dream walking around in this huge school that looked more like a college. In your dreams, you often do pointless things but in this dream, i was trying to make sense of what was going on. I was on my own sent on a mission to reprimand two kids whose name i didn't know or bothered to ask. To make matters worse, i was supposed to be looking for them but in my mind, i was wondering "How does Kayash look like?" without letting anyone else know. 

No comments: