Sunday, January 17, 2016

Betrayed by your own apathy

I had an idea about what i'm going to blog on today. But this was last night while i was watching the Norwegian film The Wave (2015) and i didn't bother to write down that thought. Big mistake. The thing about ideas is they are whores who don't wait for you on the corner of your mind. If you don't show them enough respect, they'll move on to somebody who will appreciate them. Something that has been happening to me of late. I used to jot down every little thing that crossed my mind. A habit i picked up during childhood. If you find my school text books, you'll read random stuff written on the gutter space of the page. I always preferred noting in text lest i forgot. But that boy is long gone now and what's left is a person less than four months away from 30 and utterly lazy. That explains why i don't write down stuff anymore. Sadly, words are still faithful to me although thoughts have lost their patience. And they ask me why haven't i written a book yet. 

2 comments:

Parveen said...

I've been reading your blog for a year or two. I would refrain myself from saying all the stuff you hear/read on a daily basis, but I want you to know that I love the way you see/write things. And I will be the first person to buy your book if you ever write one.

Parveen said...

I've been reading your blog for a year or two. I would refrain myself from saying all the stuff you hear/read on a daily basis, but I want you to know that I love the way you see/write things. And I will be the first person to buy your book if you ever write one.